Saturday, July 15, 2006

with love

dear book,
i'm holding you in the soft glow of the candlelight, thrilled to make a start. i love this feeling of intimacy and possesion as i sign my name on your first page. a declaration, i own you. for an infinite moment, i'm fingering the crispness and promise of untouched paper. what will you have in store for me? what deep blue worlds will you drown me in? before i've even begun, i'm scared of returning back after i've lingered, eyes shut, on your last page..will it end there? what will i carry back, to my world of mowed-down passions and mediocre mildness? i wait..in anticipation of climbing on a rollercoaster..make my head dizzy with innumerable sensations..within your hard-bound covers, i'm looking for a whole world of freedom..let me breathe in all the free air flowing within your pages and store it in my lungs..so that i have enough to survive on after i plunge back underwater, back to my life..and when it starts suffocating,i shall return..to you, for life.